A blog by Campbell Consulting Group, based in Bend, Oregon.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Book for August 2009: Groundswell

I love books. After 13 books read in one month while in New Zealand (April = rainy season), I've made a deal with myself to read at least one book a month. So far I'm doing good, but sometimes it's just hard to stay awake after working hard and playing even harder in Central Oregon. My book for July was The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. I absolutely loved every word and immediately started The Poisonwood Bible. Now because July was such a casual choice, August is going to be aimed at a more professional level. I've worked with Forrester Research and read articles with quotes from Forrester in the past, but today I've found a book written by two of Forrester's top analysts: Josh Bernoff and Charlene Li. Groundswell: How Social Media Compels Your Brand The book is here "to show you how to turn the force of customers connecting to your own advantage." I'll post a review here on the Campbell PR Blog in August, in the interim - visit the link above to get your own copy. September 2009 Update: See what AdvertisingAge has to say about Groundswell @ http://adage.com/bookstore/post?article_id=128179.
-Jacq (@jacqsmith)