A blog by Campbell Consulting Group, based in Bend, Oregon.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Inspiration

If each day was approached with skillful grace, along with a smile of gratitude, then this post would not be entitled, "Inspiration." After reading this article about Carmen Herrera, I was given a taste of my own potential for my future. A breath of fresh air, in a way. Featured in the Arts section of The New York Times, Carmen Herrera headlines with "At 94, She's The Hot New Thing in Painting."
Ms. Herrera's late-in-life success has stunned her in many ways. Her larger works now sell for $30,000, and one painting commanded $44,000, amounts unimaginable when she was, say, in her 80s. "I have more money now than I ever had in my life," she said. Not that she is succumbing to a life of leisure. Ms. Herrera, because she must, continues to draw and paint. "Only my love of the straight line keeps me going," she said.
We hope Carmen Herreras story can inspire you to do what you love, and love what you do. No matter how long until others learn to appreciate your efforts. Enjoy and Happy New Year from all of us at Campbell Consulting!
-Jacq (@jacqsmith)